Musings of a New Father

Just some random thoughts here and there. Not sure if anyone reads this or not, but it's mainly for my documentation purposes.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Another day, another dollar...



So today was a pretty good day. The sales meeting was this morning and I found out that we have a new GM at work. His name is Steven Lang, and he seems like a pretty cool guy. He's been working with Nissan (several different dealerships) for the last 20 years, so he really knows about where Nissan is coming from and where they're headed. Seems like he'll do us some good.

Anyway, I managed to eek out two half deals today. First one, Miguel asked me for some help because he almost let a guy with perfect credit walk out without a "new" car. Anyway, I shut that deal and all is well.

Next one after that was a friend of Mark's, and they got an '07 Maxima. Damn those cars are sweet! Probably my favorite out of everything we sell. So my wife called at 7:30 and asked for some help with the baby so I picked him up and took him into work with me for the last hour of the night. He slept the whole time.

After that, Bryan and Renee came over to the store to show me the new Corvette they got with my assistance (negotiation skills). They managed to get $2000 off MSRP on a car that most other dealers are charging $4000-$6000 OVER MSRP for. So, they feel like they got a pretty good deal, and they're jazzed too, so thats what counts. I wouldnt be too jazzed with an $800/mo payment, but thats not my cup of tea. Oh well.

All in all, pretty good day. Hope I can make tomorrow count too, I need to get busy and sell some cars! I'm out, night! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home