He's finally home!
After a 7 day stay in the NICU at DRMC, my son is finally home with us. We finally get to enjoy waking up several times a night to change poopy diapers and feed him. I am so glad everything turned out ok. When he was at JFK, he developed a blood infection of some kind. Turns out, the infection was a staph infection. Staph normally lives on the skin, so we are thinking that when they pricked him one of several times with needles for blood samples and stuff, he got it that way. Needless to say we will NOT be going back to JFK to have the next kid.
The staff at the NICU at DRMC was very good to us, with the exception of one or two nurses who are idiots. We won't name names right now, but if your baby ever has to go there, know that he or she will be well taken care of. I snapped a picture tonight when Ethan was laying on my chest.

Aww, he's so cute. I just love him to pieces! We're gonna go visit Auntie Katie and my brother Steve so they can finally meet him. I should get to bed though, it's my first day back to work tomorrow and I need sleep. Wish us luck on the rest of our babymoon.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home